Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Week 4





This week I took pictures with steel wool photography. To do this I put my camera on an exposure of 90 seconds and I put my ISO to 200. Then I put steel wool at the end of a whisk with a rope on it and lit the steel wool on fire. This makes a sparkler effect and you can fling the rope around to make the sparks go in any direction you want. I had a lot of fun doing this. I want to try this in a city or at the train tracks. I also want to buy lighter woven steel wool because it will create more sparks. I went down to the sand spit at night to take these pictures. I want to try this again next week, but at the train tracks.

1 comment:

  1. The photo with the green colors is so good. I like how you blended it with other colors. It looks like it was blended with orange, white, and yellow. The black background makes a strong value and contrast and makes the colors look stonger and brighter. Great photos.

    ReplyDelete