Friday, February 22, 2013

Week 1





For the beginning of my concentration series I experimented with taking long exposure shots. I had some trouble at first with the long exposure and trying to get my camera to focus, but I had more success toward the end of my photo shoot. It was really cold when I was taking my pictures, so I wish I had spent more time getting my camera setting right.  I liked the result of a few of my photos, but I wish I had more time to edit them before posting them. I had a lot of fun being creative with the flashlight and experimenting with different techniques. One thing I learned was the longer you hold the light in one spot, the brighter it becomes in the photo. I tried driving my car up the switchbacks, experimenting with headlights, and taillights. I think my images could have a lot different effect if I spent some time editing them in Photoshop.

5 comments:

  1. Natalie, these are spectacular! I love that you used Hood River locations for your shots. I appreciate your willingness to experiement in these images as well. The movement of your light source makes your imagery dynamic and interesting. The first and last images are my favorites. I like how both have off-cener compositions and you can sense that the light is following the path that a human took.In the last image, the spiraling light leads the viewer down the steps, into the image and off the page. Very in depth written reflections on your process as well. Looking forward to your next group of photographs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the picture of the light going down the stairs on the library lawn! These are so cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the picture with long exposer light shots! I also like the colors that you chose for your other shots as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your photos are awesome. I like the colors, movement, and lighting that each photo provides. I like how you kept the locations local also. Your first photo makes our town look bigger than what it really is. long exposure looks really cool with normal lights, but you should try different color lights like green,purple or blue.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your pictures are really great. I really enjoy how you have added those colorful leading lines of lights and how they curve giving the night a sense of playfulness or making it seems like a time for frinds to hang out. Also, how the red lights in one makes it seem like a car just passes by and leaves you but in a fast sense.

    ReplyDelete